Classroom English teachers! Have you heard about flipping your classroom but are not sure what it means, what the benefits are and how you can do it? Then this is the online teacher-training course for you!
What does this course offer?
This 1-hour online video teacher-training course shows classroom English teachers how to turn your classes back to front so that more learning takes place both, outside and inside the classroom.
Through 14 video lectures, you'll learn:
- A full definition of FLIP
- 9 Benefits to learning
- How to front-load your classes with free technology
- How to front-load your classes WITHOUT technology
- What kinds of activities language teachers use in class
- How to analyze your activities so that they are SMART+
- How to go beyond flip by showing your students how to make their own learning activities
- How to avoid and resolve 14 potential problems
- 15 Great tips to help you successfully flip your classroom
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at language teachers though many of the ideas will transfer to other subject teachers as well. Teachers should preferably have at least one year of classroom teaching experience. Teachers should also be native or have near-native fluency in English. However, there are call-outs throughout each video to support non-native speakers of English.
Why take this course?
You'll learn techniques for front-loading with and WITHOUT technology, how to analyze hands-on, interactive language learning activities so that your students learn more, faster, and most importantly, you'll learn techniques that completely flip the classroom! Learn how to show students how to make, implement and assess their own language learning activities. This is what makes this course so unique - no other flipped classroom teaches students how to make their own learning activities. No more teacher-fronted, passive learning. Say hello to motivated students taking responsibility for their own learning. Welcome to the flipped classroom!
- Participants will be able to design flipped classes that engender more efficient learning
- Participants will be able to provide new content outside of class with and without technology
- Participants will be able to analyze the activities they use in class to discover if they are SMART+ or not
- Participants will be able to show their own students how to make their own language learning activities
- Participants will be able to avoid or resolve common problems associated with flipping a class
Language of instruction: English